This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2020-12-24, 06:38 PM)MoonDance Wrote: Thanks Paddy, SignalK looks like just the sort of thing I need.

just need to figure out a few things first.

@Moondance,

you are about to open Pandorra's box because what is available to you is awesome.

I would start by plugging in that GPS puck of yours and getting GPS up and running in Signal K either on your laptop or on the rpi.  I use the RPI and remote in without a screen using VNC.

once you have it up and running you can add KIP either from the Signal K app store or from the "Dashboard" Section of Openplotter on the Pi and start playing with it and figuring out what data you would want and where it would go.  last year I installed this iPad 1 (that has little use anymore) at the helm with data I thought I wanted from a range of instruments including my Raymarine Seatalk 1 depth, speed and Wind gauges.

For this year I have taken it a little further upgrading to RPI 4 and setting up a new KIP screen which is shared with OCPN and the KIP window provides more info about the desired direction/next waypoint

I have another screen with uncluttered info for racing and one for temperatures (cabin, Cockpit, engine bay, water, coolant, RPI)

Messages In This Thread
Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 04:05 PM
RE: Newbie - by abarrow - 2020-12-24, 04:47 PM
RE: Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 04:51 PM
RE: Newbie - by PaddyB - 2020-12-24, 05:37 PM
RE: Newbie - by MoonDance - 2020-12-24, 06:38 PM
RE: Newbie - by Techstyle - 2020-12-26, 08:33 PM
RE: Newbie - by abarrow - 2020-12-24, 06:48 PM