This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solenoid mode for engine driven hydraulic pump
I am trying to install pypilot on a 49'' wooden troller. It will replace Onwa autopilot (kap-866) that has solenoid mode.

I made an hydraulic power steering working with an hydraulic pump that is engine driven.
The auto pilot command a directional cetop valve (with 2 solenoids). In parallel.
The current (about 2 amps) and tension (12v) to the valve solenoid is irrelevant.
The valve is not proportional and sending PMW is not a good idea as it can support only 3 or 4 Hz  cycles.
I use (solid state) relays for the solenoid so I don't need a motor driver.
There is a rudder feedback.
Temperature sensor is for oil tank temperature
Anyone with similar setup?
This type of system is common on workboats.
Any tough on how to disable current reading and go from PWM to a binary on/off starboard/port command?
Is there a way to limit the number of valve opening/closing per second?
I have very limited programmation skills (sysadmin using VBS) and I don't understand the code in motor.ino
Should I make a feature request?

Thanks in advance for your advices

Messages In This Thread
Solenoid mode for engine driven hydraulic pump - by Siusb - 2020-12-28, 02:33 PM