This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK AisReporter Plugin
Hi Everybody,
I have problem with the Plugin called: AirReporter.

Setup:
- OpenPlotter Setting 2.3.0
- SignalK 1.37.4
- AisReporter 1.0.1

I configured Settings in SignalK with all details of my boat (settings.png in attach).
The Plugin works and send out the AIVDM strings.
The string with static data is the following:
AIVDM,1,1,,A,H3cWkv4T00000009Akjpm01p08u0,0*7C
If I use a decoder online I can see that all the details on the size of the boat are completely different from what I insert in the settings (decode.jpg in attach)

As you can see from the pictures:
- Lenght of the boat insert: 15
- Beam of the boat insert: 5
- Lenght of the vessel on the AIVDM string: 15
- Beam of the vessel in the AIVDM string: 69

Unfortunately the same details are the same also on Marine Traffic.

Any idea?

Thanks
Ciao
Max

Attached Files Image(s)

Better to ask signalk, though they do drop in here sometimes.
http://slack-invite.signalk.org/
Hello Spidgrou

what´s the source of your AIS data, many standalone devices use their own AIS defaults.
(2020-12-30, 09:07 AM)holgerw Wrote: Hello Spidgrou

what´s the source of your AIS data, many standalone devices use their own AIS defaults.
https://github.com/SignalK/aisreporter
The signalk plugin is creating the ais data, then sending it over the Web to marine traffic.
Sorry Paddy, but this is not the Question. The Plugin only takes the incoming AIVDM or AIVDO Sentences and forwards these via Network.
(2020-12-30, 09:29 AM)holgerw Wrote: Sorry Paddy, but this is not the Question. The Plugin only takes the incoming AIVDM or AIVDO Sentences and forwards these via Network.

Apologies, maybe it does. 
Still a question for signalk though, there's an app channel on their slack feed, usually replies are fast.

Though from the screenshot the GPS antenna is 5m away from the centre of the boat and the beam is 5m, might be worth setting that to 2.5m so the GPS is on the boat to see if that helps.

Edit. Looking at the code again I think you're actually wrong, looks like the plugin creates n ais message from signalk data of the boat position and other data. How could it get your own boat from an ais receiver?

https://github.com/SignalK/aisreporter/b...c/index.ts
Yeah, that's true, this plugin just create a new string from the data insert in defaults.json of Signalk.
Max
(2020-12-30, 10:47 AM)Spidgrou Wrote: Yeah, that's true, this plugin just create a new string from the data insert in defaults.json of Signalk.
Max

It also uses position, heading, cog & sog. 

What does your signalk databrowser say for design.beam?
(2020-12-30, 11:00 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 10:47 AM)Spidgrou Wrote: Yeah, that's true, this plugin just create a new string from the data insert in defaults.json of Signalk.
Max

It also uses position, heading, cog & sog. 

What does your signalk databrowser say for design.beam?

Here in the picture.
I have also the same value from the AIS

Max

Attached Files Image(s)