This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnh5019 output voltage Issue
(2021-01-03, 06:47 PM)topodom Wrote: I have tested this version: https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/tree/...uino/motor. So i think i am OK.

If the motor.ino you burnt to your arduino has 1453 lines, and you still have max 0.5 volts on your D9/PWM output, then the problem that applied to me does not apply to you. However, that does not mean I'm giving up ;-)
(2021-01-04, 03:00 PM)ironman Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 06:47 PM)topodom Wrote: I have tested this version: https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/tree/...uino/motor. So i think i am OK.

If the motor.ino you burnt to your arduino has 1453 lines, and you still have max 0.5 volts on your D9/PWM output, then the problem that applied to me does not apply to you. However, that does not mean I'm giving up ;-)

The one i burnt has 1338 lines.
(2021-01-04, 07:13 PM)topodom Wrote: The one i burnt has 1338 lines.

That's what I should have said - 1338 is the same version that I have in the one that's in my arduino ide. I must apologize - I downloaded a lot of versions of motor.ino.

If your motor output still gives you 2 V max and the D9 output measures 0.5 V maximum, I'd be inclined to look at your pypilot settings next - the parameters that you can set in your pypilot client. I have attached mine - and I think they are pretty much default. First parameter I'd look at would be servo.speed.max and .min.

Attached Files
.txt   pypilot_client-output.txt (Size: 3.97 KB / Downloads: 150)
any possibility of using an oscilloscope on D9?

you should set the servo.speed.max to 100% for sure.

From there try using pypilot_control python script and you should be able to command 100% speed in both directions.

The motor.ino of only 1338 lines sounds very old
(2021-01-05, 12:21 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: any possibility of using an oscilloscope on D9?

you should set the servo.speed.max to 100% for sure.

From there try using pypilot_control python script and you should be able to command 100% speed in both directions.

The motor.ino of only 1338 lines sounds very old
I don't have oscilloscope, only a multimeter. Here are may latest tests.
To make sure my analysis I'll try  on the latest moto.ino version the pypilot_control python script tonignt and post here.

22-APR-2020 moto.ino version

servo.speed.max default settings (50 % ?)
PMW is 2.29 V
the OUT A / OUT B  is 5.39
Result : the actuator is working, but it is very slow.

servo.speed.max = 100 %
PMW is 4.6 V
Power side :
the OUT A / OUT B  is 11.27 V
Result : the actuator is working, properly.

30-DEC-2020 moto.ino version

servo.speed.max  100 %
VDD : 5V
PWM signal is 0.5 V
Power side :
the OUT A / OUT B  is 2 V
Result : servo.speed.max does not have effect. The actuator is not working, of course.
Good - so you're out of the woods for now. You might find further along that the 22-APR version requires a few tweaks to get the measurements right, see attached for inspiration.

An oscilloscope comes in priceless dealing with this type of projects. Myself I use this one, but it does not work on Linux I'm ashamed to say.

Attached Files
.txt   changes made to 22-APR-20 motor.ino.txt (Size: 452 bytes / Downloads: 149)
I have hantek 2c42 portable scope

It would be great if you find the commit to git which causes your issues. It should be easy to narrow down using git-bisect.

Sean
I think it was the 26-apr commit. From that commit onwards i was unable to get more than 25% duty cycle from D9 for pwm_style == 2.
There are 3 commits on apr 26... Can you see which one? Was it ab3e7ef96b91d561fc73dd26fec181e8ddf0983d?
(2021-01-08, 12:26 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: There are 3 commits on apr 26...   Can you see which one?  Was it ab3e7ef96b91d561fc73dd26fec181e8ddf0983d?

That must be the one, it's the only one that affects motor.ino.

In the spirit of contributing, I have tried to play with the changes on a spare motor controller, but got freaked out when the H-bridge started sizzling. Health warning: pwm_style == 2 does not go well with an H-bridge attached to the nano, as it opens both the upper and lower part of the bridge, effectively cutting the battery short. Whenever I find myself nominating for the darwin award, I know it's time to stop.