This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pican stacking with moitessier?
(2022-02-14, 08:23 PM)Sailoog Wrote: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....4#pid21024

hello Saoloog,

Many thanks for your response. Is there a maillist for someone interesed in buing the new product?

Thanks in advance.

Skipjohnsen
sorry not yet.
I have a similar question... I want to add a Daisy AIS hat to a PICAN-M RPi setup. Could I use a hat stacker for this? I can't seem to find information as to which GPIO pins the PICAN uses. The Daisy uses ports 8 and 10, but perhaps others. Does anyone know?
(2023-01-10, 12:07 AM)kevans7177 Wrote: I have a similar question... I want to add a Daisy AIS hat to a PICAN-M RPi setup. Could I use a hat stacker for this? I can't seem to find information as to which GPIO pins the PICAN uses. The Daisy uses ports 8 and 10, but perhaps others. Does anyone know?

I am afraid that is not possible, the PICAN-M also uses pins 8 and 10 (UART0).

The good news is that the MacArthur HAT project is still alive and we will be sending the first units to beta testers soon. It uses SPI0-1, UART3, and UART5, leaving SPI0-0 and UART0 free to be used by the dAISy HAT, Moitessier HAT (hacked and non-hacked versions), or any HAT that uses those pins. We are working on the documents at the moment and hope to publish all the details in February-March 2023.
(2023-01-10, 03:42 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2023-01-10, 12:07 AM)kevans7177 Wrote: I have a similar question... I want to add a Daisy AIS hat to a PICAN-M RPi setup. Could I use a hat stacker for this? I can't seem to find information as to which GPIO pins the PICAN uses. The Daisy uses ports 8 and 10, but perhaps others. Does anyone know?

I am afraid that is not possible, the PICAN-M also uses pins 8 and 10 (UART0).

The good news is that the MacArthur HAT project is still alive and we will be sending the first units to beta testers soon. It uses SPI0-1, UART3, and UART5, leaving SPI0-0 and UART0 free to be used by the dAISy HAT, Moitessier HAT (hacked and non-hacked versions), or any HAT that uses those pins. We are working on the documents at the moment and hope to publish all the details in February-March 2023.

That's helpful, thanks. I'm wondering if it's possible to directly connect the GPIO pins from the Daisy hat to the NMEA0183 port on the PICAN-M to provide the input that way. I use NMEA2000 input for all other data and so the NMEA0183 ports are currently empty.