This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Not Re-booting
I just updated SK to the latest version & now it will not start.

Do I have to re-install SK or is there something I can do??

Still running OP2 on a Pi4

TIA
There is probably some useful infomration in the syslog about what the error is?

Title says rebooting and message says will not start. Is it constantly rebooting or will not start at all?

Try manually reinstalling it.
(2023-06-24, 07:00 AM)tkurki Wrote: There is probably some useful infomration in the syslog about what the error is?

Title says rebooting and message says will not start. Is it constantly rebooting or will not start at all?

Try manually reinstalling it.

SK will not start at all.
works ok here with the last Signal k server version 2.0.0:

openplotter 3
debian bullseye
64bit
node 16

If I am not wrong openplotter 2 is built with node 12
(2023-06-24, 09:10 PM)Sailoog Wrote: works ok here with the last Signal k server version 2.0.0:
openplotter 3
debian bullseye
64bit
node 16
If I am not wrong openplotter 2 is built with node 12

Sorry. I have same problem as Lazzz. After upgrade, signal k does not start: the message is

Error requesting access to Signal K server: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=3000): ;ax retries exceeded with url: /signalk/v1/access/requests (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xafc73190>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

I am running a PI4 Raspbian 32 bit

Thanks for any help.
Goffredo
I re-installed SK and still have nothing!!

I'll be delaying upgrades in the future.
(2023-06-26, 09:41 PM)Lazzz Wrote: I re-installed SK and still have nothing!!

I'll be delaying upgrades in the future.

Thanks! I’ll do the same!
(2023-06-26, 08:17 PM)glaloggia Wrote: the message is

Error requesting access to Signal K server: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=3000): ;ax retries exceeded with url: /signalk/v1/access/requests (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xafc73190>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

That looks like an error from OpenCPN when Signal K server is not running and the connection attempt is refused.

What version of Node are you running? Use the command

Code:
node -v

Can you find anything Signal K related in the file /var/log/syslog (the system log)?

If you try manually reinstalling with

Code:
sudo npm install -g signalk-server

what does the output say?
(2023-06-27, 08:00 PM)tkurki Wrote:
(2023-06-26, 08:17 PM)glaloggia Wrote: the message is

That looks like an error from OpenCPN when Signal K server is not running and the connection attempt is refused.

What version of Node are you running? Use the command

Code:
node -v

Can you find anything Signal K related in the file /var/log/syslog (the system log)?

If you try manually reinstalling with

Code:
sudo npm install -g signalk-server

what does the output say?

Thanks for your suggestions. The problem was related to the Node.js update to 18. Once done, everything is ok!
Regards
Goffredo