This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly name for ESP devices
Hello there,

I'm playing with some ESPs, some of them "powered" by SensESP (thank you contributors)

I am wondering if there are any ways to have a friendly name shown in Connection Activity Dashboard, maybe the text which is used in device's description, instead the client ID code

Thanks,
Seb
- SV Haimana
Huh? No one knows? Not even a hint?
Thanks
- SV Haimana
Some of the SignalK guys should weigh in here, but it might be worth having a look at the code to determine how the serial number is derived. It looks like something it might be getting from the ESP.
I think I found where this code is defined in EasyESP but I am not sure if its safe to change it.
Somehow, I think will be a better option to alter only the displayed text in SignalK dashboard and not the client_id code which is coming from ESP.
Still digging... Smile
- SV Haimana