This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to log and graph battery (cell) voltage over time?
Information 
(2021-05-09, 09:08 PM)Tuomas_S Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 06:46 PM)PaddyB Wrote: The Pi is on my boat in Greece and data is updated every second but, in addition, the data is sent every 10 minutes over the internet to my home in the UK where the battery measurements are stored in an InfluxDB database. A Grafana graph (see attached example) plots the data.

I'm interested in this- how did you do the  telemetry part?

On the boat there is an ADS1115 to measure voltages which is connected directly to a NodeMCU/ESP8266 running ESPEASY
ESPEASY sends data (1 reading per second) over the boat network as UDP to my Node-Red Dashboard / SignalK on the Openplotter RPi
In addition, the ESP8266 also publishes the data (1 reading every 10 minutes) over the Internet using MQTT to the Hive public MQTT broker.
I have a Home RPi which subscribes to my Topic on the Hive MQTT broker and pulls the data sent from the boat into another (Home) SignalK server
I run the SK InfluxDB plugin to record the incomming data and plot it using Grafana

When the boat is laid up over winter I can turn the Openplotter RPi off and leave the ESP8266 sending only the 10 minute MQTT messages.
It worked well last winter - I havent been to my boat since last September but I can tell you that the house battery is at 12.7v right now.   Wink

Hope this helps

Messages In This Thread
MQTT - by affinite - 2021-05-09, 10:24 PM
RE: MQTT - by baltika_no_9 - 2021-05-12, 09:05 PM
RE: MQTT - by affinite - 2021-05-13, 09:47 AM