This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] NMEA output to Clipper Easylog
Good evening everybody, 

I would like do display my SOG on a NASA Clipper easylog ( NMEA display). 

My Setup:

Raspberry Pi 4b
USB Reciever
USB RS422/485 Adapter

I used the Documentation to connect the USB GPS to opencpn via SignalK, and i see my position in opencpn.

The manual for the esylog says, it expects RMC. So i set up OpenCPN to output RMC to the serial adapter, which looks ok:

21:24:03 (Serial:/dev/ttyUSB0) $ECRMC,202403,A,4847.784,N,01010.736,E,0.182,0.000,210121,3.360,E,A*07

But the Dispay does not show a SOG. 

Here are my settings:

Attached Files Image(s)

It works! I just had to swap the data wires.

The easylog manual said, connect blue to ve+ and brown to ve-.

My RS422 has connectors labeled TXD+ and TXD- with blue on TXD- and brown on TXD+, everything works fine
Hey, i want to do something similar, would you mind sharing links to the hardware of both USB Receiver & USB RS422/485 Adapter please

Thanks
Colin
(2021-03-08, 09:09 PM)Sea-and-Sea Wrote: Hey, i want to do something similar, would you mind sharing links to the hardware of both USB Receiver & USB RS422/485 Adapter please

Thanks
Colin

Hi Collin,

I used a  G-7020 VK-172 USB GLONASS GPS EMPFÄNGER USB I got off eBay 

And a DSD TECH SH-U08A USB zum Adapter RS422 RS485 mit dem Chip CH340E  I ordered from Amazon.

Best regards
Tobias