This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opencpn: activate route automatically
would like to display mv SOG on a Clipper Easylog NMEA display.

It works quite well, but every time i start the Raspberry, i have to open a VNC connection and activate a route, in order to make opencpn output RMC statements. 

Is there a way to make opencpn activate any route automatically? 

Or is there an easier way to make opencpn generate RMC statements? 

Best regards, 
Tobias
Tobias
The experts will arrive soon but in the meantime ...

Have you defined a connection to your NMEA display in SignalK ?
In the OpenPlotter configuration, NMEA output from OCPN is filtered so that OCPN only transmits the RMB sentence
RMC would normally be generated by your GPS, sent to SignalK as a GPS SignalK Connection and then out to OCPN and other listening connections including your NMEA display
(if configured in SignalK)
Hence my first question
Steve
You could try an output from Signalk > https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...tting-Data
Remove the serial connection to the nasa from opencpn and set it up as a connection in signalk with nmea0183out as output events, then activate the signalk-nmea and select RMC. Not tried this so good luck! Smile
(2021-01-22, 06:19 PM)PaddyB Wrote: You could try an output from Signalk > https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...tting-Data
Remove the serial connection to the nasa from opencpn and set it up as a connection in signalk with nmea0183out as output events, then activate the signalk-nmea and select RMC. Not tried this so good luck!   Smile

Thank you!  That was exactly what i was looking for.

Best regards, Tobias