This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What brand antenna do you recommend?
Hi,

I'm new to OpenPlotter, and I'm currently using RTL-SDR and the stock rabbit ear antenna. I'll be installing the Moitesser HAT soon, and am looking for some recommendations/suggestions on the type and brand of antenna I should get. I'll be putting this on my boat this summer, so I'm interested in something that can be used outside.

Thanks!
P
just an normal marine antenna (vhf) best if only 160-161 MHZ.
but for short ranges (1-2 miles) any will do.
I am using this DIY antenna, works perfectly, range up to 20 nm
Michael
(2021-02-07, 02:37 PM)Geronius Wrote: I am using this DIY antenna, works perfectly, range up to 20 nm
Michael
In the diagram the tube is described as m16. Does that refer to an OD of 16 mm? If using something of a slightly different diameter this will affect the number of turns for the choke coil?

Nice simple design. Thanks for sharing it.