This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wlan0
Having trouble adding a second wifi adapter to access local internet.   The USB adapter is recognized but I can’t figure out how to get it configured.   I can connect to the default network wlan9 no problems.
Do you have a VNC client available that allows you to see the desktop? You might be able to make the connection there.
Yes I can get to the desktop. “lsusb” lists the device and “iwlist wlan0 scan” sees the ssid
What adapter is it?
I had issues with Linksys AE1200 and Asus AC-50
AE1200 run great but ONLY after complete power off or unplugging from usb port. Does not run after soft reboot.
For AC-50 I had to downgrade the kernel
- SV Haimana
It’s a TP Link - Realtek RTL8188EUS 802.11n
(2021-02-03, 08:30 PM)Lazlos Wrote: It’s a TP Link -    Realtek RTL8188EUS 802.11n

I assume you have OP Desktop available. Choose OpenPlotter/Network from the menu.
The button 'Install WiFi Drivers' will setup your 8188 device - internet connection is required
Michael
(2021-02-07, 02:26 PM)that worked great.  Thank you.   I’m not sure what all got changed when I clicked on that.   Which it was clearer in the documentation.   im guessing if I change wifi adapter I need to go thru that again? Geronius Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 08:30 PM)Lazlos Wrote: It’s a TP Link -    Realtek RTL8188EUS 802.11n

I assume you have OP Desktop available. Choose OpenPlotter/Network from the menu.
The button 'Install WiFi Drivers' will setup your 8188 device - internet connection is required
Michael
No, the new driver will last until you change your kernel. if you change wifi adapter you have to install its driver. the install button will tell you if it finds an new adapter with an new driver which will be installed.
But for me i like adapters which are included as standard in the kernel. these will appear automatically to the system even after an update.
for installed drivers you don´t have to install after changing adapters. but maybe you have to select them again in the routing of network app.
for headless systems the best way for me is to connect as default to an external router/accesspoint per ethernet, this should work allways if the wifi is broken for some reason.

holger
I totally agree. I’ll check the list for compatible cards. Next is networking with my cell phone. So real time data when I’m close to shore.