This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I add water and diesel sensor?
First of all, my arduino sketch tells the arduino to serialprint my results.
Then its two ways, either connect TX/RX from the arduino to the ras-pi or via USB.
I choosed USB.

Then I take the signal from arduino who is separated in 3 lines:
Waste 0-90
Diesel 0-255
Water 0-255
Then I separate those 3 into singel lines and then again separate the value from the text.
And finally the 0-255 is converted to the size of the tank. So f.ex the diesel tank is 90liter, so then 255 equal 90. And 0 equal 0.
This number is then transferred to Freeboard where I have my statusscreen of the boat.

The Node-red setup:
[Image: skjermbilde2.jpg]

And the Freeboard:
[Image: Skjermbilde.jpg]

(The temperatures and the 230v system comes from Domoticz via Z-wave and RFXCom, the 12v system are not integrated yet. Just text to show my plans..)

Also its possible to download a Arduino-node into node-red, but this is only working when I install it, and next reboot its gone again..

Messages In This Thread
How do I add water and diesel sensor? - by dreuf - 2016-12-28, 11:47 AM
RE: How do I add water and diesel sensor? - by dreuf - 2017-01-16, 01:36 PM