This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter OUTPUT from SignalK to Opencpn
Hi, I have read the Docs on filtering and Signak but it seem to apply to data sources only.
I have the route details going from Opencpn to signalk via a UDP connection sending RMB messages.
How do I stop Signalk sending the RMB messages back to Opencpn? 
Is there a debug window that shows what if flowing from Signalk to opencpn?
Thanks, Jodel
It's actually works better filtering APB and RMB from going back into opencpn on port 10110. The nmea debug window in opencpn shows you what it is receiving.
I am confused!.  The only input I have to opencpn is the default one from signalk on port 3000 using signalk protocol.
This is the input I would like to debug and filter.
The only output I have from opencpn is the route data to signal k on 10110.
The NMEA debug window in opencpn only shows NMEA out and not signalk in, as far as I can see.
(2021-02-10, 02:53 PM)Jodel Wrote: I am confused!.  The only input I have to opencpn is the default one from signalk on port 3000 using signalk protocol.

ah,  I use nmea going into opencpn, much easier to filter and some plugins don't see the signalk data but need nmea. Give it a try, disable the signalk input and try  tcp on port 10110 with ignore sentences apd & rmd. Works fine and the 2 sentences are available as signalk  for anything else which might want to see them.
(2021-02-10, 02:57 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2021-02-10, 02:53 PM)Jodel Wrote: I am confused!.  The only input I have to opencpn is the default one from signalk on port 3000 using signalk protocol.

ah,  I use nmea going into opencpn, much easier to filter and some plugins don't see the signalk data but need nmea. Give it a try, disable the signalk input and try  tcp on port 10110 with ignore sentences apd & rmd. Works fine and the 2 sentences are available as signalk  for anything else which might want to see them.

Yes, I was just coming round to that conclusion. My old setup was like that with NMEA used both in and out to opencpn. That made looking at the  data in and out in the debug window very useful.
I have done as you suggested and it works perfectly.  Thanks