This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TensorFlow, AI, Autopilot, VendeeGlobe
All,
Good morning.

After following the VendeeGlobe for 80 days, reading about it and by coincidence looking at project called DonkeyCar (self driving Lego car) I'm asking myself the following question ...

Are we able to make our boat (sort of ) autonomous via Machine Learning ... ?

Several people look at this already like:

http://www.frontiersinai.com/ecai/ecai20.../p0653.pdf

Quote:https://t-dab.com/blog/algorithm-breakdo...i-to-sail/

ai-captain.com

With all the work done on Openplotter as a data hub, we should be able to do something like this:

1. Capture (training) data

We could use sensors to measure the position of the rudder. With tiller boats you could even just use a small (raspi?) camera.
The same for main sail and jib; mount a webcam on your mast and it will analyse the shape of the sails and the position of the boom
Plus all the rest you already pull in via Openplotter
(and maybe also tides and weather; could even be afterwards)

All this creates lot's of "labeled training data"

2. Send it to Tensorflow which will "look" at all this data and will start to create a model
(question ... would it be possible to create a "data lake" of all our submitted data and create a general model to be used on all boats?

3. Once it is ready it will then be used in Openplotter to finetune your autopilot and give some advice on sail trim.

(some side notes. I'm not a data scientist or software dev. But I do read a lot about it)

Is this topic worth a new thread?

Let me know.

Bart

Messages In This Thread
TensorFlow, AI, Autopilot, VendeeGlobe - by BartStevens - 2021-02-11, 08:38 AM