This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TensorFlow, AI, Autopilot, VendeeGlobe
(2024-02-04, 03:43 AM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2024-02-03, 08:10 PM)Inq Wrote: [*]Learning – It should be pretty easy to create a Back Substitution version and install it on your OpenMarine RasPi.  It would start with the random values in the model (Infant Brain).  It could be completely passive and safe.  You would have to add the hardware for rudder position feedback.  It could run in the background and absorb all the incoming sensor data and take your responses to controlling the helm and start learning and modifying the Model. 
[*]For machine learning:  it is not required.    rudder feedback will be optional, the way wind speed is, as it can be helpful.

I am not sure I understand this reply.  Can you elaborate?   Huh

As I see it, the only input to the system that a human provides is the steering of the helm (Ignoring the sheeting for simplicity for now).  If the AI is entirely meant to mimic a better response at the helm than your current software by learning how a human would steer it, how else would an AI have any way of getting feedback besides rudder position feedback?

I understand, your system does not need that feedback, but I can't see how an AI learning program can do it.

VBR,
Inq

TensorFlow and Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN)

As I mentioned earlier (somewhere) I believe you can get away from having to maintain past data and simply feed the current state of sensors into an AI if a Recurrent Neural Network is used.  This alone would greatly reduce the complexity and coding required.  All that would have to be done is feed the current state of sensor at whatever rate you choose.  I haven't gotten to the stage where I have written this kind of NN, but it is on my TODO list.  Rolleyes

I was curious if TensorFlow had this already built in (since I don't use TF).  Turns out it does - https://www.tensorflow.org/guide/keras/w..._with_rnns

(2024-02-05, 03:08 PM)Hillzzz Wrote: Very interesting benchmarks. the Pi5 is quite a bit faster (up to 3 times faster) than the Pi4 but the Tensor libraries have not been updated for some time so to make everything work on a Pi5 you have to downgrade Python3 to 3.9 as the version in Bookworm doesn't work.

H.

When I ported my C++ code over to the Raspberry Pi's yesterday, I thought something was wrong. I found it very strange the difference between the Pi-Zero-W (1st generation) and the Pi 3B+ was so little, yet the Pi4 was so much greater. Considering, I could make it multi-threaded and probably triple the speed shows there's lots of head room available even on the Zero... at least using C++.

Pi5 - Yes, they've really thrown a monkey wrench in the works. There are lots of changes they made that break old code. They did a piss-poor job of backward compatibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TensorFlow, AI, Autopilot, VendeeGlobe - by Inq - 2024-02-05, 03:28 PM