This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reset to Tinypilot as client to master
I tried to get GPS with USB connection working on Tinypilot - Openplotter - Opencpn. I followed the different methods with SignalK, Pypilot app on OpenCPN, TCP/20220 etc. But the GPS signal was not received by Pypilot. The last trial was setting Tinypilot as client, but now I can't get any connection with the Tinypilot anymore, also not by pypilot.ini. I tried "box", different IP addresses etc. What is the best way of bringing it back to Master, or to Reset to factory, or to update to a newer version (I have Pypilot 0.24)  - without any visible/Wifi connection with the interface now (ssh, pypilot.ini, ip addresses). What is the best way to come in or to reset the system? Thanks!
Several solutions:
- if you have access to a Linux computer with a SDcard reader, put the tinypilot SD card on your Linux computer, and you should be able to find a file named "networking.txt" in the ".pypilot" folder of the second partition of the SD card. Just remove it, unmount properly the SD card, put it back into the Raspberry PI and reboot, you should go back to the factory configuration (pypilot Access Point)

- put a HDMI display and a USB keyboard on your tinypilot, reboot, log in (user tc, password pypilot), remove the same file (rm /home/tc/.pypilot/networking.txt), reboot

- you can also rewrite the SD card entirely using the factory image, but you will of course lose all your settings.
Thanks. It is solved. After that I installed the newer version (but the other problems still not solved: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....2#pid26582)