This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot. Turn on screen backlight via GPIO.
With a long hold on the "Menu" button, turn on the backlight connected to the GPIO contact.

Sincerely, Alexander.
the backlight is adjustable from the menu already. There is even a light sensor for it. What are you trying to achieve?

Do you want backlight to turn on with buttons pressed?
Yes. So that you can turn on and off the backlight with existing buttons.
I do not want to install an additional arduino and light sensor.
Is it possible to do this?
With respect to the work done by you!
So far it looks like this.

It remains to deal with the backlight Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

making your own pcb? amazing!

you need it to somehow toggle io pin from keys? It is possible to do with small changes to the display program.
(2021-02-17, 04:46 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: making your own pcb?  amazing!
The case was printed on a 3D printer. A keyboard on a laser printer on a film. The board was engraved on a CNC milling machine. Smile
Quote:you need it to somehow toggle io pin from keys?   It is possible to do with small changes to the display program.
If I knew how to do it ...
Edit lcd.py file?
Alexander, what you have made looks amazing and is exactly what I want to achieve.
I have just ordered a Pypiiot from Sean so haven't seen the physical size of thigs yet. I've been looking to see if the Pypilot includes any functions dedicated to the IO pins? but can't seem to find anything specific to this. Perhaps you have achieved this yourself by adding script to the software.
Perhaps you could advise?
Cheers
i will look toward dedicating a specific pin for the backlight from the raspberry. This is a future feature that should be implemented pretty soon.