This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot Set-up newbie
(2021-02-21, 08:03 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I am considering producing pypilot motor controller kits for a cheaper price, say $40, but have not finalized the decision.   I fear people will do bad soldering then blame me for it not working...

"Disclaimer"
Hi Guys
 Sorry to be such a newbie but would appreciate any help. For the motor.ino programme you have to #include "crc.h". How do I add this to my library. I downloaded the PyPilot code as in picture but this did not work, many thanks
Richard

Attached Files Image(s)

(2021-02-24, 07:57 AM)richarddaneel Wrote: Hi Guys
 Sorry to be such a newbie but would appreciate any help. For the motor.ino programme you have to #include "crc.h". How do I add this to my library. I downloaded the PyPilot code as in picture but this did not work, many thanks
Richard

Hi Richard,

I´m not an expert in this

The code is here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pypilo...otor/crc.h

If you open an text-editor, then go to the code of crc.h and copy it and paste it to your editor it should work.
Save and give the file the exact name and put it in the same folder on your computer where motor.ino is.

I yust read, that you can simply use the save/download option from your browser if you are at the raw code. (like above link)

Good luck
Andreas
, I use the makefile executing "make" to compile, maybe this is easier?

Otherwise, yes maybe copy paste crc.h into motor.ino
Hi Guys
 Sorry for the newbie question, again. I have set-up the gps with its SignalK connection and all works well in OpenCPN. However, I now want pypilot to also, use the GPS data but I get the following error, (picture). If I go to pypilot and add device I get conflict errors, so please tell me how I set it up, many thanks
Richard

Attached Files Image(s)

You need to determine how your gps data will work which is up to you.

For example, you could set the gps up using gpsd. This will automatically be detected by pypilot, and pypilot can then output signalk to signalk server.

You could instead have the signalk-node server directly receive from the gps, in which case pypilot should autodetect signalk and receive gps this way. So I am not sure what is going wrong but you may need to inspect the debugging log output of pypilot.
(2021-03-03, 10:27 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: You need to determine how your gps data will work which is up to you.

For example, you could set the gps up using gpsd.   This will automatically be detected by pypilot, and pypilot can then output signalk to signalk server.

You could instead have the signalk-node server directly receive from the gps, in which case pypilot should autodetect signalk and receive gps this way.   So I am not sure what is going wrong but you may need to inspect the debugging log output of pypilot.

Hi Sean
 As you can see in the picture I have, despite my age and stupidity, made some progress. You were right I did not configure the port entries correctly. However, as you can see I get a sync overcurrent_fault. I have no sensors attached but have adapted the motor.ino code . I deleted the "//" before define for the following. I was told this should get rid of the fault. Thanks for your input so far, much appreciated.

[color=var(--color-text-primary)][color=var(--color-prettylights-syntax-comment)]//#define DISABLE_TEMP_SENSE    // if no temp sensors avoid errors[/color]

[color=var(--color-prettylights-syntax-comment)]//#define DISABLE_VOLTAGE_SENSE // if no voltage sense[/color]

[color=var(--color-prettylights-syntax-comment)]//#define DISABLE_RUDDER_SENSE  // if no rudder sense

........[/color]

[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)