This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Introducing the new MacArthur HAT
(2021-02-19, 09:40 PM)Lazzz Wrote: Is the GPIO app still going to be finished & supported so we can run sensors without the hat??

Is the Iot app still a work in progress?

Of course.

OpenPlotter GPIO app manages these features: Seatalk 1, digital sensors, +7 extra digital sensors, 1W sensors, wind speed.
OpenPlotter CAN app manages these features: NMEA 2000.
OpenPlotter Serial app manages these features: NMEA 1083, UART.
OpenPlotter I2C app manages these features: I2C 5V, I2C 3.3V, current measurement, voltage measurement, analog sensors, wind direction.

You do not need this HAT to use these apps with any sensor. You can build your own circuits.

OpenPlotter IoT app is still in progress but waiting for the GPIO app to be finished. GPIO app is taking longer than expected because we are adding the option to install it in your laptop and remotely control the GPIOs of a Raspberry connected to the same network.
Thanks to all for your questions! they help a lot to explain this project.

This project means the end of a cycle for us. I am not saying we will stop the OpenPlotter project at all. After releasing the HAT and the GPIO and IoT apps our mission will be accomplished and we will be able to focus on improving and updating. It has taken longer tan expected but you know this is not our main activity and we do this in the spare time.
(2021-02-20, 12:07 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Thanks to all for your questions! they help a lot to explain this project.

This project means the end of a cycle for us. I am not saying we will stop the OpenPlotter project at all. After releasing the HAT and the GPIO and IoT apps our mission will be accomplished and we will be able to focus on improving and updating. It has taken longer tan expected but you know this is not our main activity and we do this in the spare time.

... and we always thank you!
Looks amazing.

Looking forward to getting one when they are ready.
Thanks a lot for all your Energy
Do you have a rough estimate of when it will be available and how much it will cost?

I'm just building a new installation for a new (for me) boat and it would be nice to have before sailing season... less than 3 months away, here in Canada ;-)
We will pay special attention to the price, we have tried to manufacture here in Catalonia but the final price was about 90 euros and we think that this would be really expensive so be sure the final price will be lower enough. We are searching for an alternative manufacturer abroad who fits our final price and our environmental and workers conditions expectation.

We want to test and torture the product in depth before its launch, so it is difficult to give a date, but 3 months sounds affordable.
Very basic question, when you say to power the Pi and the NMEA 1083 device from the same source, are you implying that it should be on the same branch circuit; the same battery; or something else? 

thanks,
LouK
(2021-02-24, 07:20 PM)LouK Wrote: Very basic question, when you say to power the Pi and the NMEA 1083 device from the same source, are you implying that it should be on the same branch circuit; the same battery; or something else? 

thanks,
LouK

the same battery.

you are right the text is ambiguous, I will replace "source" by "battery". thanks.
Good job !
Really like the approach using Davis spare parts to the anemometer.

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/