This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Introducing the new MacArthur HAT
Hello Sailoog,

That sounds very promissing!

Have you guys considered to enable the pi to be powered from the nmea2k port?
The example image is from a Pican-m hat sold by SK Pang. The board provides nmea0183 and nmea2k connectivity. The PI and hat are both powered from the optional 3A powersupply add-on board, that takes its power directly off the nmea2K port provided 12 V line.
It saves alot of clutter. I have just finished building it to run openplotter. Everything seems to work flawlessly. May be an idea for the 0.2.0 release of mc-arthur?
[img=708x720]blob:https://forum.openmarine.net/cfb47115-27a5-4442-a4c7-8dcdffeb2d45[/img]
(2021-04-22, 12:03 AM)Olaf Wrote: Hello Sailoog,

That sounds very promissing!

Have you guys considered to enable the pi to be powered from the nmea2k port?
The example image is from a Pican-m hat sold by SK Pang. The board provides nmea0183 and nmea2k connectivity. The PI and hat are both powered from the optional 3A powersupply add-on board, that takes its power directly off the nmea2K port provided 12 V line.
It saves alot of clutter. I have just finished building it to run openplotter. Everything seems to work flawlessly. May be an idea for the 0.2.0 release of mc-arthur?
[img=708x720]blob:https://forum.openmarine.net/cfb47115-27a5-4442-a4c7-8dcdffeb2d45[/img]

Similar question answered here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....8#pid18288

your picture got broken

some life problems kept us busy, now back on the road ...
Would be glad if could get a hint, when this new hat is on the market!
We will notify it here and you will get an email if you are subscribed to this thread.
(2021-02-19, 06:43 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: quote
NMEA 2000 in/out. It is not isolated so be sure you power your NMEA 2000 network and your Raspberry from the same source.
unquote

any chance to reconsider and enable isolation or make available optional?

The NMEA 2000 option and power from NMEA 2000 was important to me ... so what I did was use 2 raspi pi:

"Gateway" has NMEA2000 "Pi Can" from SK Pang and runs the main SignalK server.  This box uses the serial port on the PiCan to provide GPS by NMEA0183 to the VHF radio at 4800 baud.

Any device wanting data connects to this "gateway" box ... by either SignalK, or one of the NMEA standards.  This box is the WiFi access point also.

"Sensor provider" box has the Moitessier Hat and nothing else, the purpose of this box is only to provide data to the "Gateway" server ... it was cheaper to do it this way and simple. It provides the GPS, compass, heel, pressure etc from the Moitessier HAT via SignalK to the "gateway" box.
Any news regarding this project? Smile
+1 for wanting one soon. I have my pi, have downloaded the open plotter image and recently enrolled on the forum in order to post this. I have NMEA2000 and will be making good use of the analogue inputs.

I'm quite new to this open source stuff but when I get up to speed I'd like to be able to contribute to the project.

When do you anticipate the first batch rolling off the production line?
Many thanks,
Paul
Can we not consider the idea "OPEN"?
As for the software which is open source on git!
And so publish the diagram and the pcb layout ?

Philippe
Sorry for the delay, the sailing season is on and we also need our salt dose Smile

We changed the manufacturer because the old one was always short of components, we made some changes and we sent new prototipes to the new manufacturer last week. Everyone is on vacation so it will take 4 weeks Sad

It is hard to give a date for the the first batch, hopefully all is working properly on these prototypes.

Yes, we will publish the diagram and pcb layout. You will not need any software or driver for this HAT, you will need just OpenPlotter settings which is fully open-source as you know.
(2021-08-06, 05:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Sorry for the delay, the sailing season is on and we also need our salt dose Smile

We changed the manufacturer because the old one was always short of components, we made some changes and we sent new prototipes to the new manufacturer last week. Everyone is on vacation so it will take 4 weeks Sad

It is hard to give a date for the the first batch, hopefully all is working properly on these prototypes.

Yes, we will publish the diagram and pcb layout. You will not need any software or driver for this HAT, you will need just OpenPlotter settings which is fully open-source as you know.

What is missing is a panel mount for raspberry pi with marine grade type of connectors (with caps).
Power on/off buttons (for pi and monitor), audio (In/Out), several USBs, possibly ethernet, HDMI, amp/volt meter, status indicators, fuse, SD card slot.

Thanks,
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU