This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading data from Tinypilot Uart
it is a binary format at 38400

The reason for binary is that the latency is much lower and the data checking better (avoid invalid data) while providing much telemetry at low baud rates while still working at fast rates and enabling long wires. If I had used a text format similar to nmea I would sacrifice something.

I am not completely sure what you are trying to do. Make your own motor controller? You can easily flash motor.ino to a arduino nano, and it will communicate with tinypilot and then you can set this up to do what you like.

Messages In This Thread
Reading data from Tinypilot Uart - by Dusty_Dave - 2021-02-19, 10:12 PM
RE: Reading data from Tinypilot Uart - by ironman - 2021-02-20, 08:56 AM
RE: Reading data from Tinypilot Uart - by seandepagnier - 2021-02-21, 08:07 PM