This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier Hat3 News???
First of all, many thanks those who have made contributions to make this software platform available. As one new to RPi4 & OpenCPN, I'm working on my first build and have gotten the GPS & chartplotter to work. In the interest of efficiency I've wanted to to add the next iteration  Moitessier Hat but all I hear from them is crickets. Does anyone know if they are still viable & when one might hope to see their product?
thanks,
Lou
MH2 just came out not even a year ago? Why not go with that one? It is already compatible with RPi4.
(2021-02-24, 08:39 PM)rastam4n Wrote: MH2 just came out not even a year ago? Why not go with that one? It is already compatible with RPi4.

From all indications, they are none currently available to be sold....
Sorry for the long silence. Some components of the Moitessier HAT 2 were discontinued and they must to be replaced in a new Moitessier HAT 3 but there are problems with development and manufacturing. We will notify you about the project state soon.
(2021-02-25, 11:58 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Sorry for the long silence. Some components of the Moitessier HAT 2 were discontinued and they must to be replaced in a new Moitessier HAT 3 but there are problems with development and manufacturing. We will notify you about the project state soon.

thanks, from all I've read it was a good product worth waiting for, I do hope oft more like 2-3 months and not 6 though
Finally we have news about the Moitessier HAT. The bad news is that the project has been discontinued by rooco but the good news is that some companies have already contacted to keep the project alive.

Full text of the announcement: https://www.rooco.eu/2021/03/09/our-plan...ssier-hat/
(2021-03-15, 06:46 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Finally we have news about the Moitessier HAT. The bad news is that the project has been discontinued by rooco but the good news is that some companies have already contacted to keep the project alive.

Full text of the announcement: https://www.rooco.eu/2021/03/09/our-plan...ssier-hat/

im just starting with openplotter and was disappointed that they were not making them any more. I will be one of the first to buy one of the new units when they become available
(2021-03-17, 06:20 AM)garyvr Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 06:46 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Finally we have news about the Moitessier HAT. The bad news is that the project has been discontinued by rooco but the good news is that some companies have already contacted to keep the project alive.

im just starting with openplotter and was disappointed that they were not making them any more. I will be one of the first to buy one of the new units when they become available

This is truly sad news, rarely are there products which seem to deliver as much as promised & the hat seemed to deliver in one platform what it will take me three pieces of hardware to provide. Best of luck guys!
(2021-03-18, 02:36 AM)LouK Wrote: This is truly sad news, rarely are there products which seem to deliver as much as promised & the hat seemed to deliver in one platform what it will take me three pieces of hardware to provide. Best of luck guys!

Agreed. I'm a happy user of the MH R2 (my R1 is a backup unit)
I do hope the future 64 bits release of OpenPlotter will still have support for the Moitessier?

Hope the Rooco guys (Christian?) are OK..?..
Hey guys,

I have contacted Rooco about licensing their design for the Moitessier HAT.   I have experience designing and running these kind of projects and have two companies who specialize in high performance low volume interested in producing the product.   Any guesses what the volume would be?? 

I am a semi-retired, avid sailor who would have time to spend on the project.  Anyone with the skills, who would be interested in contributing, please contact me here or though LinkedIn.  www.linkedin.com/in/rales  Just trying to get my ducks lined up in advance, hoping to hear back from Rooco.   Cheers Rick[url=https://forum.openmarine.net/member.php?action=activate&uid=6756&code=nK5f1uFK][/url]