This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
7" REMOTE WATERPROOF DISPLAY
(2022-01-03, 06:24 PM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2022-01-03, 02:55 PM)tobias.e Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 01:24 AM)Techstyle Wrote: That's Awesome - thanks for Sharing!

with regard to Power, I found that I didn't trust other boat users to not turn the power off at the switches accidently so I added some simple electronics to my Pi to make the schematic below:

with this the switched power is connected to the breaker panel and the const 12V is connected to battery, if the switched voltage goes off it is sensed at pin 40 and a power down is started, once the Pi shuts down, the relay is turned off, disconnecting the constant 12V.  the hardware costs less than $10 and looks like the below: 

By connecting a momentary switch between pin 40 and ground, you can also start the shutdown process when pressed

@Techstyle: That sounds great. Could you please elaborate on the relay board, or maybe provide an ebay link?

Best regards, Tobias

the relay board is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LW15A4W

I have been using this successfully for all of the 2021 sailing season and it works great.  I do have the following lines of code in the config.txt:

Code:
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown,gpio_pin=21,gpio_pull="down",active_low=1
gpio=20=op,dh

Thank you very much!