This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyPilot Hardware
If you have a pi4 and an SD card, follow step 1 and 2 of the workbook, and you can have a running pypilot within an hour. Openplotter would run on your 3b, but if it has no wifi chip you'll probably struggle with that as well.
(2021-03-11, 12:38 AM)ironman Wrote: You cannot use a regular ethernet cable between the PC and the pi; you'd need two cables to connect them both to a common ethernet router. Then type ifconfig on the tinypilot to see if you get an address.

I just installed a tinypilot myself: the browser interface should be at port 80.

Great I plugged the pi into my network with an Ethernet cable. I found the address via ifconfig and browsed to the address with port 80. The web interface appeared. On the table at least I use my pi model B without Wi-Fi. Now to connect the IMU.

Many Thanks

(2021-03-11, 10:32 AM)ironman Wrote: If you have a pi4 and an SD card, follow step 1 and 2 of the workbook, and you can have a running pypilot within an hour. Openplotter would run on your 3b, but if it has no wifi chip you'll probably struggle with that as well.

For others who might find this thread:

The workbook is the current dummy’s guide 0.2.

I’ve a very old Pi B without WiFi not a 3b. I’ve got a pi 4 on order so will follow step 1 and 2 when it comes.
I connected up a GY-9250 IMU but I’m getting a report saying compass or gyro failure. Where do I go from here?
what does i2cdetect -y 1 show? Are you sure this is same as mpu9250?
(2021-03-12, 01:35 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: what does i2cdetect -y 1 show?   Are you sure this is same as mpu9250?

When I type i2cdetect -y 1 at the tc@box:~$ prompt it comes back with -sh: i2cdetect: not found.
How do I get over this? Nothing I found by googling the message seemed to work.

So I restarted using Raspbian instead of the Tinypilot image and followed the instructions here 

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-ras...guring-i2c

It came back showing no addresses are used so presumably there is something wrong with the IMU.
I will order another one.

Regarding the IMU the front of the board says MPU-9250/6500 and the reverse GY-6500 GY-9250
Hi,

I ordered three 9250 from Aliexpress. All three where dead out of the box.
Other one works.
So yes...it's possible that you have a dead IMU.

Regards

Andreas
(2021-03-13, 09:10 AM)Andreas29 Wrote: Hi,

Other one works.

Regards

Andreas

Do you think they are produced on the late shift and not tested?
sometimes I order 50 of these. 2-3 will not work. 2-3 will not have working compass sensors. 0-2 will have "missing axes" for one or more senors. 3-5 will have unacceptable high accelerometer bias, 15 will have acceptable bias but I prefer to discard them in case of software upgrade of pypilot the accelerometer bias calibration will require redo.

If you want 3 working I suggest order 10
(2021-03-13, 05:11 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: sometimes I order 50 of these.    2-3 will not work.   2-3 will not have working compass sensors.   0-2 will have "missing axes" for one or more senors.   3-5 will have unacceptable high accelerometer bias, 15 will have acceptable bias but I prefer to discard them in case of software upgrade of pypilot the accelerometer bias calibration will require redo.

If you want 3 working I suggest order 10

Now there's a reason to order a working sensor from you. How long does it take to reach the UK?
(2021-03-13, 09:10 AM)Andreas29 Wrote: Hi,

Other one works.

Regards

Andreas

I ordered 2 cheapies from eBay and they didn’t work.
First one didn’t even give an address, the second gave an address and no data. 
What a waste of time figuring out how to test them.
Finally I ordered one double the price from Amazon and it worked fine.