This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCP port 20220
Hi Guys
Sorry for the basic nature of my problem but would appreciate any help. I have got a fresh install of OpenCPN on RPi4 and I am trying to get the Pypilot plugin to work. The problem is that if I set the GPS data to network TCP on port 20220 they are all in red (picture) and therefore invalid and pypilot does not recognize them. I know I am missing something basic but have tried all variations, many thanks
Richard

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Rastam4n
Not sure why but I got an email saying you replied but can not seem to find your answer. Yes, I clicked both the in and Out buttons. When I disable the out option all nmea strings are green and perfect and as soon as I activate the out option they appear but in red, any ideas?
Thanks Richard
When you say a fresh install of OpenCPN, do you mean Openplotter?

should the protocol be UDP instead of TCP?
the protocol should be tcp

most likely pypilot isn't actually running

try in a terminal:

telnet localhost 20220

If you are refused, then so is opencpn