This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opencpn seems to be freezed: all grey
Hello all,

I have openplotter on a raspberry pi 3B. I have also bought an arduino kit. And being on linux forii for a while, I am happy to realise this wonderful piece of open source which is openplotter. I wonder if I am on the right forum to ask my first question, as it is not on the hardware, but on the software that deals with the maps: the opencpn software. 

Nonetheless, I am quite happy to realize that this will the place where I will come up  eventually with my hardware questions. I have bought a new VHF-DSC radio without GPS. I am thinking of coupling a gps module (neo-6m, 7m or 8M, or a Grove (Air530) to this radio directly or thru an arduino module to get the right nmea 0183 output. The Grove (Air530) seems the best price to performance option. But this will come as a subject later in another thread.

Discovering with youtube the possibilities of openplotter, I have downloaded quite a few maps from the United states. I am from Canada. There where I live we have to pay for the maps. So I prefer to become accustomed well with the opencpn before installing my canadian maps, in case I scrap my raspberry pi openplotter installation. I do not want to buy a second set of canadian maps.

My opencpn installation seems to be freezed. The window of the opencpn application is completely greyed. I could start anew, but I would prefer to keep the maps that have been already downloaded. 

What can I do to resume the usage of opencpn? Is there some files to be removed in the home folder or elsewhere?

Thanks.
please edit you message, it seems that you have copied some private data
(2021-03-18, 08:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: please edit you message, it seems that you have copied some private data

Dear Sailoog,

Really I do not see how this could have happened. Good catch. I was wondering why my thread was not on the site.

Thanks a lot.