This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbi IUM problem
Please do check the link on the "bad apples".
They should all be either MPU-9250 or MPU-9255 and they are all blue...
I think the IMU's with the print "MPU-92/65" have problems, while those with the print "MPU-9250/6500" and "MPU-9250/6500/9255" generally should work.

I also did have some purple ones working (MPU9250 + BMP280).

I would suggest to use i2cdetect to check the addresses ("i2cdetect -y 1"), but TinyPilot does not have i2cdetect installed.
OpenPlotter does have i2cdetect, if you have an RPI4 available...
( I tried i2cdetect and i2cdump on the TinyPilot as well. Perhaps an i2c-tools package should be made for the TC.)

Edit: another suggestion which might follow from above: use a raspbian armhf system to test some IMU which is not known to work. This also includes a standard OpenPlotter system with NOOBS on a RPI4.
(1) the armhf system is best supported for the Raspberry Pi.
(2) the Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS is more complete than TinyPilot
(3) (but that should hardly be a problem with Raspberry Pi OS) use Buster or older. Using Ubuntu 20.04, Raspi OS Bullseye or newer and you might run into dependency problems for dropped packages.
With Ubuntu 18.04/arm64 I still had a working IMU using OpenPlotter packages, with Ubuntu 20.04/arm64 Qt4 was dropped...

Messages In This Thread
newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-18, 08:21 PM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by hreuver - 2021-03-19, 12:53 AM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-19, 09:47 AM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by hreuver - 2021-03-19, 02:28 PM
RE: newbi IUM problem - by cloganmackay - 2021-03-19, 08:39 PM