This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with TinyPilot display
Hi,

This is my first post, and my first attempt at getting TinyPilot running on my bench.  I don't have the buttons built up yet, but otherwise I think I've got everything hooked up and running. However the display (a Nokia 5110 purchased from China off of ebay) is garbled.  My Raspberry Pi, I believe it is a model 2b, is running the latest image burned to the SD card using a Windows machine per the instructions on the download page.  I'd just like peoples' opinions on if this problem is just a bad display, or if there is some setup information I need to adjust in some header file to fix it. I have added an image of the display in the attached file.

I apologize if this is a redundant post.  I have searched the forum several times and not found anything.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Image(s)

You probably have a bad nokia display. Otherwise, ensure all the contacts are good. I stopped using the nokia display recently because of so many problems.
Update -

I went looking to buy another display off ebay, and on one of the product descriptions read something like... "the LCD may become separated from the PCB in shipment. Pressing down on the metal frame will restore function."  So, not having anything to loose, I tried it.  I pushed the PCD and the LCD together with my fingers and bent the little tabs over with a pair of pliers.  My display is working now!!
Yes of course! sorry I had assumed you tried that.