This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi 5 and Openplotter 3 install
My Pi 5 arrived this morning but I can't get it to boot from Openplotter custom image. It says that the installed os does not include support for Raspberry Pi 5.

Any suggestions around this?
Hi, Its not ready yet. The current software is built on the Pi4 OS rather than the Pi5. You can get SignalK on it and few other things but not the full OP just yet. I"m also ready to get mine up and running!

This post explains where they are:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4942
Ah, thanks. I use o-charts so I am not so keen on setting it up when a new image will negate my purchase. Will have to wait.
Same here - You do get two licences per chart. I must look at using the USB option but I think it would still class that as a hardware change.
Some progress on this, I will publish here today: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4942

Using the o-charts dongle you will have unlimited installations so you can reinstall the future openplotter versions with no problem even if the charts are expired, on this case just keep a copy of the charts assigned to the dongle and copy them into the new openplotter. Write to o-charts for more info.
Have just contacted o-charts to ask whether the dongle will work with my present charts or if I have to purchase dongle and the charts anew. Not exactly going to break the bank if I have to purchase a fresh set.