This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberr PI5 and Openplotter ang Signal K
Hello
Thanks for letting me join - I've tried to test installation on my PI5 but unfortunately this image doesn't fit a PI5 - what can I do to get openplotter on my pi5?
Is the Pi failing to boot to the desktop or is it booting to the desktop and failing to load the openplotter software? 

I'm still waiting to receive my preorder of the Pi 5, so I've yet to test how openplotter handles it.  My understanding is that the Pi 5 is setup to run on the new Debian 12 "Bookworm" OS.  But the lastest version of Openplotter is designed to run under Debian 11 "Bullseye".  A new version of Openplotter will have to be built and tested for Bookworm. 

I'd probably run the lastest Raspberry Pi OS (Bookworm) and then try installing the standalone "openplotter-settings" onto that.  I'd expect things to break, but that would probably get you closest for now.
I agree with Ceahawk, its likely to be a challenge at present. Here is a post where the development team have started to document progress:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4942
Hi, thanks for letting me know - I guess the best thing is to wait