This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU Connectivity Options?
This might be a stretch but I've been using ESP32s to connect sensors via wifi to a Signalk server running on a Pi5. I'm wondering if following the same route to connect the IMU would work?

I haven't dug deep into pypilot yet, it's next on the list, but would this make sense? At what rate is pypilot looking for this sensors data? Every second, 10 times a second, more?

Excuse my ignorance if I'm way off the mark here, it's a whole new world and very interesting stuff! I'm new to all of this, and since the I2C Sensor app isn't available yet with OpenPlotter 4 I've found these ESP32's extremely handy, put sensors where ever ya like, give them some power and you're set. If I could do the same with the IMU then sweet!

Edit: I plan on using pypilot to control an existing ST4000, assuming the software end can run on the same Pi5 running OpenPlotter with the SignalK server?
To be clear, sometimes esp32 can act also as an additional control head via wifi, but the main pypilot process will still run on a raspberry pi. This pi reads from the inertial sensors using i2c