This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor controller not responding
Hello,
I have OpenPlotter working on a RP 3B and also pypilot is functioning. I am reprogramming the arduino nano to work with my Neco Autopilot (it should work with the relay box). The Arduino Nano was functioning for a while like I programmed it (for several days) with LED's as motor outputs. After a while it stopped functioning. I tried another nano and it worked for a while but then it stopped again. The same result with an UNO.
On the nano and the UNO I see there is data coming in but then it restarts the board without processing the data?? There is enough power (I used an external power supply on the UNO) and the Arduino only has to power some LEDs..
The communication is sent over the USB ports.
I have tried a clean installation of OpenPlotter and reprogramming the Arduino boards. The result is the same.

If someone has a tip how to solve this I would be grateful.

Rein
For anybody who is interested.
It is working again but I don't know really why.
I changed to connection from the rp usb to serial arduino (pin 0 and 1) and there was no change.
Then I started up the serial monitor on the computer (which I used as power supply) and suddenly it is working ??.

If somebody can explain this, it would help to trust this system. Maybe the voltage off the rp not high enough.
(2021-04-01, 06:02 PM)Rein Wrote: Hello,
I have OpenPlotter working on a RP 3B and also pypilot is functioning. I am reprogramming the arduino nano to work with my Neco Autopilot (it should work with the relay box). The Arduino Nano was functioning for a while like I programmed it (for several days) with LED's as motor outputs. After a while it stopped functioning. I tried another nano and it worked for a while but then it stopped again. The same result with an UNO.
On the nano and the UNO I see there is data coming in but then it restarts the board without processing the data?? There is enough power (I used an external power supply on the UNO) and the Arduino only has to power some LEDs..
The communication is sent over the USB ports.
I have tried a clean installation of OpenPlotter and reprogramming the Arduino boards. The result is the same.

If someone has a tip how to solve this I would be grateful.

Rein

To be honest, it is quite rare that reprograming the Audio boards didn’t worked out. I had a similar situation and that did the trick.
(2021-04-04, 11:32 AM)Rein Wrote: For anybody who is interested.
I changed to connection from the rp usb to serial arduino (pin 0 and 1) and there was no change.
Then I started up the serial monitor on the computer (which I used as power supply) and suddenly it is working ??.

If somebody can explain this, it would help to trust this system. Maybe the voltage off the rp not high enough.
Hi
how do you drive the relays of the neco ? direct ?
Could it be that you consume more than the few
milli Amps the arduino gives at the pins ?
Save sailing
Andreas
(2021-04-07, 07:58 PM)xfactor99 Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 11:32 AM)Rein Wrote: For anybody who is interested.

Hi
how do you drive the relays of the neco ? direct ?
Could it be that you consume more than the few
milli Amps the arduino gives at the pins ?
Save sailing
Andreas

Hello Andreas,
Thanks for the reply.
The relays are not attached yet (LED's instead of relays to check if it is working). I think the voltage on the USB connection on the RP is/was to low and not high enough for the Arduino to make the logic difference. Now it is working.
Rein