This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I add B&G gauge info to RPi and Openplotter....
Ok. I guess this is a repost because it was 13 months since my last confession....I mean post. So on my 1985 Raider 33 I have B&G Network Speed (not working), depth and compass which I would like to add to signal K. My RPi3 is loaded with Openplotter as well as the Motissier Hat 2 which provides the atmospheric data as well as heel, tilt, AIS and GPS. I want to create my own multifunction display in the cabin and network to a tablet via VNC while at the helm. since I have instruments in the cockpit I don't "need" the info from the instruments on openplotter but I just think it would be cool and helpful when setting depth and anchor warnings. Does anyone have any info on how to pull the data from the B&G instruments? How would I go about tapping into the wiring? I have found an old serial connector but I think it was from a GPS unit that was removed before I got the boat. Again, any info would be helpful.
1985 Raider 33 resting in the Hudson Valley, NY 
http://kiwi-nonsuch.blogspot.com/2013/07...oject.html