This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victron Monitor Plug In
I can't work out how to get the signalk-victron-battery-monitor plug-in to work.

It is showing in the OP Serial app - Devices as VE4YB4WS & I've  given it an alias. Is the data Signal K??

In the Connections tab I hit the Add to Signal K but I cannot see any data from this plug-in

The victron-battery-monitor is showing as "started" in the "Connection & Plugin Status"
Not sure which one your are using, so not sure this will be of any help...

I have a Victron BMV-702. I used the VE.Direct Data Cable to connect it to my Raspberry Pi (Mac mini before that while testing). I installed the vedirect-serial-usb plugin and gave it an alias, as you stated, in the Serial App, signalk data.

In the plugin configuration, I set the USB Device to the alias (/dev/ttyOP_victron) and set the USB port to 7878 per the plugin info page instructions.

Hit submit, rebooted the server, and then checked Data Browser to see the electrical data coming in. That was it. Hope this helps. I assume the Venus plugin will have similar settings somehow.

Steve
BTW, I see that the signalk-victron-battery-monitor has been depreciated.

Use @signalk/vedirect-serial-usb instead. That one is what I'm using and know it to work.
(2021-04-10, 12:49 AM)SCarns Wrote: Not sure which one your are using, so not sure this will be of any help...

I have a Victron BMV-702. I used the VE.Direct Data Cable to connect it to my Raspberry Pi (Mac mini before that while testing). I installed the vedirect-serial-usb plugin and gave it an alias, as you stated, in the Serial App, signalk data.

In the plugin configuration, I set the USB Device to the alias (/dev/ttyOP_victron) and set the USB port to 7878 per the plugin info page instructions.

Hit submit, rebooted the server, and then checked Data Browser to see the electrical data coming in. That was it. Hope this helps. I assume the Venus plugin will have similar settings somehow.

Steve

Thanks Steve - works with the correct plugin!!

I didn't see that vedirect-serial-usb plugin & the old depricated one didn't work!!
(2021-04-10, 02:16 AM)Lazzz Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 12:49 AM)SCarns Wrote: Not sure which one your are using, so not sure this will be of any help...

Steve

Thanks Steve - works with the correct plugin!!

I didn't see that vedirect-serial-usb plugin & the old depricated one didn't work!!

Fantastic! It's one of my favorite plugins. I check it all the time.