This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the simplest way to implement a IBT-2 BTS7960 motor controller
(2021-04-12, 08:26 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: as for the code being trying to decipher, well it's not even 1500 lines, how bad could it be?

Is that a sincere question? If I said I was a software engineer by profession (albeit a junior), and I've spent several hours hacking away to try and understand the code and get it to work, with little to show for it. Would that be indicative of the code being convoluted? or me being incompetent? or perhaps a combination of both?

It's difficult to give this kind of feedback because it is open source, and it clearly works for some people, and it does come across as me being ungrateful and a bit of a whiner. But I really dig what's going on here, and my intentions are to give some constructive feedback. I found it very difficult to understand the code. Perhaps that's by design, or simply due to a bunch of other technical factors that aren't obvious to me. 

Usually, if the code is hard to follow, that can be remedied by documentation. But that's also lacking as far as I can find. Sad

I'm prepared to dig deep and go into the trenches of despair that usually accompanies learning under-the-hood software things, but it seems that there is room for clarification either in code or documentation, that is simply not quite there yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the simplest way to implement a IBT-2 BTS7960 motor controller - by billynomates - 2021-04-12, 10:51 PM