This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the simplest way to implement a IBT-2 BTS7960 motor controller
I bought an IBT-2 as well just to do some experimenting and possibly some mythbusting, but referring to earlier findings of captkernel and sean's remark before I must agree: this can be a dodgy product. In my case, pcb connections between the 74HC244 and the H-bridges seems to have failed. Myself, I'm not averse to heating up my soldering iron, but based on this one sample, it's hardly a part I would recommend.

So billynomates, if you're still around, you might very well have run into a similar problem. Pulling up R_EN and L_EN, then pulling up RPWM while pulling LPWM down should bring some movement in the motor, provided you supplied 5V to VCC and something more to B+. If it does not, you can join the club that received a DOA.

I must say, this is very frustrating. I guess many of us, including myself, try to find the cheapest products on the web, but I've just decided to only buy from professional suppliers from now on (like conrad in .nl and reichelt in .de) and refrain from sourcing parts from those online providers that have cheap pricing in their sales pitch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the simplest way to implement a IBT-2 BTS7960 motor controller - by ironman - 2021-04-22, 10:41 PM