This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
install VNC viewer on my tablet android
With my smartphone, I could find and install RealVNC easily : using the G. Playstore, searching 'realVNC.viewer' draw me directly to the application download, even today !

Now, I am trying to do the same on a Tablet, but the same search in the tablet's G. playstore doesn't gives the same result, no RealVNC at all in the playstore, just a huge quantity of bullshit beggers !  Angry

Any suggestions ?
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Hi Didier!

How about trying https://play.google.com from a PC? When you click "Install" it will give you a list of the devices that you have registered, and perhaps your tablet will be in that list. You can then choose that device, and the app will be installed remotely.
abarow, thanks for your answer, but, sorry, not used to google universe... What is a "registered device" ?
Do I need to provide some DNA sample, or credit card data to get a device registered ?
Hey, I am just trying to help a buddy to use Openplotter !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Hello,

I'm a registered Google developer who puts apps on the play store. When an app is put in the play store, the type of devices supported is required to be listed. Also, the supported version of the Android OS is listed. It may be possible, your tablet is not supported for RealVNC due to these requirements.

Michael
This doesn't applies, as the real VNC App is already installed in MY tablet, I am trying to install it on my friend's tablet. When I search it in the G. store, it is simply no longer listed ! It seems to have been withdrawn from the store, as it doesn't appear in the list on none of hese 2 devices ! However, I searched it from my smartphone (on which it is also installed, and then it appears on the list (with the possibility to uninstall) .
Cordialement
Didier B

If you are using the Google Play (store) app on a device, you have set up a Google ID and password for that device. Any Android device you have would most likely have the same ID/Password.

If you go to play.google.com on your PC, and log in using that ID/Password, it will already know what other devices you are using. When you find RealVNC there, you it should give you an option to install, and then ask what device you want to install to.
Is there any alternative to realVNC I can use from my Android 5.2 tablet to remotely access opencpn using the wifi Access point ?
Cordialement
Didier B

Thumbs Up 
I have good success with NoMachine as an alternate Remote Desktop for the Raspi. It even allows sound to come through from the raspi to the Android tablet- so if I want to run an RTL-SDR app and listen to NOAA broadcasts. The android tablet I am using is a Samsung 7” from Verizon- it is old- but it still works. Smile
Thank you benco6, download is running !
Cordialement
Didier B

(2021-04-20, 08:15 AM)Didier B Wrote: Thank you benco6, download is running !

My tablet restarts at each attempt to download nomachine !
Cordialement
Didier B