This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saturation and the result
Lately I have had the error "saturation" it might be due to removing the IMU from the hat and placing it away from the Tinypilot computer.
This helps tremendously with reducing interference from other electronics.
The cable is just over 1m in length, I will try to add an extender to solve it.

But what I am most concerned with is the result of "saturation" it turns the rudder hard to port. Is there anyway to stop this from happening when saturation is reached? It can be very dangerous.
saturation has nothing to do with the magnetic sensors
It is a small hint indicating that you could probably use a stronger/faster motor.

It should not turn the rudder hard to port, can you reproduce this? It should not actually be dangerous if the autopilot does doesn't unexpected, only inconvenient let us hope.
(2021-04-13, 07:23 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: saturation has nothing to do with the magnetic sensors
It is a small hint indicating that you could probably use a stronger/faster motor.

It should not turn the rudder hard to port, can you reproduce this?   It should not actually be dangerous if the autopilot does doesn't unexpected, only inconvenient let us hope.

Thanks Sean, I can reproduce this, it seems to be related to the DD setting. 

What is happening is the Autopilot is doing fine keeping a heading and then the DD turns blue, then the motor instead of making small adjustments, turns hard in the opposite direction it should be (I think "to port" was a coincidence). I watched the gains all day today, and it is reduced if if I reduce the DD value to .1 instead of .17 but it still happens frequent enough to be concerned especially when I am at speed and hit a wave, the DD will turn blue almost every time. 
Here is a poor video of a tame event. You can hear the hydraulic motor power up for a few seconds when DD turns blue.
Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/b8IqN7s4vCo
does it turn in the opposite direction both ways?

are you sure it's turning the wrong way?

What if you just make DD zero?
Thanks Sean
I will do more testing to confirm the direction and also try DD with zero
Hi rastam4n,

I am having a somewhat similar problem and I am wondering if you have any more info about this?

Thanks,

Colm.