This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot Errors: no motor controller!
(2021-04-18, 11:47 PM)ironman Wrote: If the page does not even load, you might not be running the pypilot_web service. In openplotter, you start that service by switching the button 'browser control' on. The workbook outlines how you check whether a service is running. If it does run, stop the service and run pypilot_web at the prompt and post the output here.

Thanks. That might have been the problem. I don't know. For the moment, the web page loads, but "pypilot Server: Not Connected". Your instructions in step 4, which worked well on the RPi3B installation, don't work for me now. I am thinking of starting all over again, a fresh install. That works sometimes if you are incompetent like me. I might have done something wrong on the way.

Anyway, I installed Tinypilot on a Zero and that seems to work without any hickups at all so I am considering going that way, that is, a separate pypilot computer, instead of mixing it with the rest of the openplotter thing.
You will find that doing it all over again is very worthwile. Everytime you redo it it becomes easier, to the point that reinstalling it becomes fun. I had to get to that point to write that workbook, and for me the process is 100% reproducible now. With any of those things, rooky mistakes in the beginning always come nack to bite you.
(2021-04-19, 07:49 AM)ironman Wrote: You will find that doing it all over again is very worthwile. Everytime you redo it it becomes easier, to the point that reinstalling it becomes fun. I had to get to that point to write that workbook, and for me the process is 100% reproducible now. With any of those things, rooky mistakes in the beginning always come nack to bite you.
I totally agree with you. I know from experience, especially from my early days as a Linux user around 2008-10. Back in those days there was so much that could go wrong, especially on a laptop, and if you were a beginner.

One thing I learned now from re-doing several times is that I should always use the imager app for transfering images to the SD card. Saves time and it's very reliable.
I'm going to make openplotter easier very soon, there are a lot of things it needs to check for and inform the user to save them time.
Sounds good. I appreciate your work very much, Sean.