This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot setting absolute
Hi,

should the autopilot setting asolute should work?
I tried this here at home. When setting the pilot to absolute (and set the gains) I got no reaction of the actuator when moving the IMU.
Before I investigate this deeper I want to know if this function is implemented yet.

I use the latest tinypilotimage.

Best regards

Andreas
I tested it last Sunday briefly and it did not work...
unfortunately this pilot has not seen much testing so I don't expect it to work yet... This pilot requires rudder feedback as well
Hi,

@Onno: @Sean: thanks for your replies.
Rudderfeedback was connected (and calibrated).
So I think it´s not a special problem of my setup.

Best regards

Andreas
Ok that is actually good news  Big Grin then we have possible use for our rudderfeedback!
Yes I also had rudderfeedback connected and calibrated, we will ad this to our issue list!
so far rudder feedback is always used for end limits to avoid stress on the system, and also to output the rudder angle to nmea and signalk.

the absolute pilot is a basic attempt at a PID filter which incorporates the rudder feedback. I suspect up to 10-15% improvement over the basic pilot so in many cases it may not be possible to notice the difference, but as you can see I implemented this some time ago and never managed to test it (too many other things to test) It could be especially useful if there is a lot of weather helm.. will be interesting to see.