This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please simplify the life of 'Signal K non-experts' users !
Shocked 
I went into many difficulties trying to configure signal K to : Huh
  1. Add output to an rs232 VHF (GLL should suffice, 4800 Bd ) ;
  2. add input from rs232 AIS receiver (e.g. AIVDM, 38400Bd) ;
  3. Add Output towards a Pilot (RS232, 4800 Bd) ;
The difficulties were not related to 'RS232' aspects, but to the signal K configuration !
In fact I gave up,  Angry  and following a co-forumer suggestion, I had to connect an extra RS232 GPS to the VHF !

All this should be treated with an AUTO mode, like in "Add to Signal K " or "Add to GPSD" buttons from the Serial Application ...
Off course all the miscellaneous actions to avoid loops should be automatic and behind the curtain  !
Point 1 and 3 could maybe use the same button ?

In the actual state, OP is almost not usable ... Huh
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Please simplify the life of 'Signal K non-experts' users ! - by Didier B - 2021-04-21, 06:50 PM