This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please simplify the life of 'Signal K non-experts' users !
Didier B,

YES, that is basically it. I sometimes get lost in the input/output events, as I didn't really understand what was happening. Spending some time in the Server Log turning things on and off to figure out where the data was helped me sort out what goes where and check that the data I think I should be sending is actually being sent.

I'm definitely overloading my VHFLocation sentence, as more data is being sent than can be transported over 0183 at 4800 baud, but it works, so I leave it to the buffers figure that out.

So, if I can figure it out, it most certainly can be done! It was frustrating and I walked away from it once, but I came back and now it's a very powerful thing that provides me with a lot of information. See here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3347

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please simplify the life of 'Signal K non-experts' users ! - by SCarns - 2021-04-28, 03:44 PM