This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pi crashes when bridging UTP port
Maybe I misunderstood the functionality of using the UTP-port when enabling "Add Ethernet port to AP", but this is what I experience:

I have OP2 running on a RPi4 with 4 GB.
App 'Network' is version 2.1.5

Has been working for more then a year on my boat to full satisfaction, with a second (USB) WiFi-antenna.
The internal WiFi is my AP and the external connects to the marina WiFi.

My plan was to connect a camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP. So just one check-mark and a reboot and voila: camera was working!
But the Pi crashes within two minutes, each time after reboot  Dodgy
Well, it seems to still be running but WiFi fails so I cannot check anything.

Should my setup be possible or is it not intended to be used like this?

p.s. I gave the camera a fixed IP-address in the range of the WiFi-network.

Ed
(2021-04-23, 02:43 PM)Blue Ocean Wrote: Maybe I misunderstood the functionality of using the UTP-port when enabling "Add Ethernet port to AP", but this is what I experience:

I have OP2 running on a RPi4 with 4 GB.
App 'Network' is version 2.1.5

Has been working for more then a year on my boat to full satisfaction, with a second (USB) WiFi-antenna.
The internal WiFi is my AP and the external connects to the marina WiFi.

My plan was to connect a camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP. So just one check-mark and a reboot and voila: camera was working!
But the Pi crashes within two minutes, each time after reboot  Dodgy
Well, it seems to still be running but WiFi fails so I cannot check anything.

Should my setup be possible or is it not intended to be used like this?

p.s. I gave the camera a fixed IP-address in the range of the WiFi-network.

Ed

Honestly, I have to say that connecting the camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP should have worked...
Well, it did work, but only for one or two minutes. Then all network-connectivity stopped.
I've seen another post about this UTP-port bridged to the AP mentioning it should only be connected to a router. But I don't understand why...

I also vaguely remember that when I first installed OP (over a year ago) the UTP-port was enabled, with nothing attached, and the Pi also crashed after a while.