This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NB-IoT Data SIM and devices
Id like my OpenPlotter RPi to send packets of data when my boat is unattended. Things like battery voltages, bilge switch status etc etc.
I currently do that using an on-board MiFi router and a GSM connection which works OK but Id like to reduce the traffic down to Kb rather than Mb
I'd like to setup a NB-IoT connection so I was wondering if anyone else had played with NB-IoT SIMS and devices ?
Thanks
another option would be to stick with the gsm but just send some mqtt every few minutes from node-red, then either just monitor that on a webpage or configure an IOT service. MQTT send small packets.
Paddy
Thanks, I already send MQTT data every 10 minutes from Greece to the UK with a simple £10 per month PAYG SIM and if Vodafone weren't going to introduce a daily roaming charge (£1 per day) from 1st Jan Id leave the setup as it is. 
Having found IoT Data SIMS with a total charge of 10 Euros for 10 years ! my interest in IoT has been sparked
Steve