This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal k set-system-time from M hat gps
How do I set the system time from gps? I have looked under set-system-time and see no option to set time using gps. It is currently enabled.

Thanks
(2021-04-29, 02:02 AM)Josacraw Wrote: How do I set the system time from gps? I have looked under set-system-time and see no option to set time using gps. It is currently enabled.

Thanks

The setsystem time app uses GPS navigation.datetime - is that available from the HAT GPS? You can look in the data browser, if it is then the app should work, defaults to running once on startup and should have  an entry in the connection & plugin status list in the dashboard. 

[Image: WS5R4QY.png]
I looked under signal k and the navigation.datetime variable is set to the current time. Went back into set-system-time and changed the interval between updates to 30 seconds and this fixed the problem. Perhaps it is a bug.
Works OK here - what does the connection & plugin status say about set-system-time when you boot with 0 seconds in the config?