This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect magnetic sensor as compass
Fishy - I'm having the exact same problem as you with the 9255. I can get I2c to see address 68 and also 69 if you drive pin AD0 high. Pypilot seems to auto detect the IMU but I'm not seeing any data being collected from the sensors, a little probing around gave me this:

ERROR: IMU Init Failed, no inertial data available
pypilot_server: bind failed; already running a server?
Using settings file RTIMULib.ini
Detected MPU9250/MPU9255 at option address
Using fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
IMU Name: MPU-925x
min/max compass calibration not in use
Using ellipsoid compass calibration
Using accel calibration
I2C read error from 12, 16 - Failed to read compass fuse ROM

I also had it hooked up to an Arduino board and was getting similar failure messages over the serial port. I've ordered a new one, seems they are a little flaky out of the box. Unless there's something missing here. It should be with me tomorrow so will see how a new one compares, if I'm still getting the same problem I'll likely try a different type.

I'm also having probs getting the GPS data shared properly, currently either OpenCPN or Pypilot can receive the GPS data, not both at the same time but that's another story..

Messages In This Thread
Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by fishy - 2021-04-30, 08:11 AM
RE: Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by fishy - 2021-05-03, 07:32 AM
RE: Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by fishy - 2021-05-03, 07:16 PM
RE: Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by fishy - 2021-05-04, 07:35 AM
RE: Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by fishy - 2021-05-04, 01:47 PM
RE: Connect magnetic sensor as compass - by splimp - 2021-05-04, 05:33 PM