This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems when updating Tinypilot from git
Hi,

when updating Tinypilot from git I have some problems.

I start with the tinypilotimage from octobre (27102020). Tinypilot runs on a raspberry zero and communicate with OC over wifi. Tinypilot is wifi client.
This works with my OC 5.2.4 on a raspberry (not openplotter). As new as possible (updated).

I copy the files and build tinypilot as described in the wiki.
After this I can start pypilot but it will not communicate as well as before with OC cause there are a lot off wifi connection losses. Tinypilot dis- and reconnect with the wifi a few times in a minute and it´s not possible that I got a stable connection. 

When using some new files (not the files witch are for networking I think) and rebuild tinypilot it works as aspected.

I don´t have my tinypilot-system here at home in the moment so I can´t say wich files exactly causes the trouble.

Why can this happens? Any ideas?
The *config files are the same as with the full working system.

Best regards

Andreas
the git was slightly broken for a few days

Try again, and run python3 setup.py install twice (swig bug)

The usual way to find the issue is to run pypilot from the console or look at the debugging output in the log
Hi Sean,

thanks for your response.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago when the new tacking.py uploaded on git from MoNkToNk.

I just copied the tacking.py file into the pypilotfolder in tynipilot then I run .pypilot.build and I got a new tcz file for running pypilot onto tynicorelinux. I build it onto the raspberry zero running tinycorelinux as it is described into the new wiki.

As I wrote into an other thread I had problems with the tacking function. It does not work as aspected so I decided to build a complete new pypilot from git.
I copy all files and folders into the pypilot folder and build it but then I got the problems described above.

When only changed some of the files against the newer version and build it it works. 

I´ll try it the next time I got my system here at home.

Best regards

Andreas