This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Perfectly waterproof RF remote controls usable with Pypilot
(2021-05-19, 06:26 PM)ironman Wrote: I cannot find schematics for the hat that include an RF receiver. Besides, including the extra arduino just for the RF remote is a bit too much for me. A pity, but no hard feelings - I always said it's best to buy at the pypilot store and now it's even better!
It is however so good

The 433 MHz receiver is a standard receiver connected by 3 contacts to terminal block J9 in the diagram of the new HAT:
1 = 0V
2 = "DATA" connected by a 1 kohm resistor to terminal 32 of the ATmega328P (PD2)
4 = + 3.3V

@Ironman
I replaced a photo by the diagram of the new hat with the arduino
(2021-05-19, 06:42 PM)Jean-Marc Douroux Wrote: I replaced a photo by the diagram of the new hat with the arduino

Thx - I had seen this one but could not identify the RF module here.
(2021-05-19, 08:43 PM)ironman Wrote:
(2021-05-19, 06:42 PM)Jean-Marc Douroux Wrote: I replaced a photo by the diagram of the new hat with the arduino

Thx - I had seen this one but could not identify the RF module here.

No problem Ironman

I indicated a few lines above that a receiver module has only 3 wires and that it was connected to the J9 terminal block, recalling the pinout.
1 = 0V
2 = "DATA" connected by a 1 kohm resistor to terminal 32 of the ATmega328P (PD2)
4 = + 3.3V
Sean did not put the diagram of an RF module but he indicated RF at the level of the terminals J9 (RF1) and J8 (RF2). they are in fact a single terminal block with contacts 1, 2 and 4 arranged symmetrically at both ends so as to allow the correct connection of the module regardless of the direction of its assembly
Thx! Got it - finally. I guess the extra arduino was partially needed to offload the raspberry from having to bitbang the rf data line, as the raspberry's uart is already reserved for the connection to the motor controller arduino. Ingenious design for sure. Just watched S2E4 of Luther but unravelling this is more thrilling.
well, the raspberry just can't receive RF from userspace reliably. It drops a lot of packages. So maybe with a kernel module it's possible, however this way offloads the RF receiver completely. The arduino does a few other useful tasks as well, and can even decode IR for example eliminating the complicated programming procedure of LIRC. The arduino also can provide an additional serial port for nmea data.
Yeah I would have thought these rf modules would come with some convenient i2c interface but for some reason that does not seem to be the custom.
I improved the description of filling remotes in the initial post.

Jean-Marc
I tried to improve the translation of the initial post and added the link to the stl files
I modified the initial post to propose a new solution to improve the waterproofness and guarantee the reliability of the keys. The new method also makes it possible to replace the batteries. See the first post.
I modified the initial post to better describe the intervention. The WP100 is a fabulous product, but difficult to buy. Here is a supplier and a video with this product.

https://www.nauticgear.nl/bootonderhoud/...ermer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QAuaMYuDAQ