This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot access tinypilot client
Hi,

I wanted to get nmea-data wirelessly to my tinypilot and could not find any possibility for that in AP-mode, so I put it in client mode, set IP to DHCP (empty) entered the password and AP-name. Now I cannot find it anywhere. And of course I cannot change it back to AP-mode as I cannot access it.

I took out the sd card from (Sean D'epagniers) tinypilot and put it in my mac to try to find settings, but even if show hidden files, I cannot find anything useful.

What should I do?
I am not familiar with Tinypilot but from a quick look it seems it's running on a pi?

You might be able to connect the pi via an ethernet cable and the ethernet port should get an IP address from your router that you could then use to SSH into the device.

Either plug the cable into your normal router that manages DHCP and then check which IP address it has been assigned or indeed run a DHCP server on a laptop or whatever and connect to that.

Quite what files you'd then need to manipulate I don't know I'm afraid as Tinypilot is unknown to me.

If I'm misunderstanding the set up you have then please accept my apologies.
(2021-05-22, 03:22 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: I am not familiar with Tinypilot but from a quick look it seems it's running on a pi?

You might be able to connect the pi via an ethernet cable and the ethernet port should get an IP address from your router that you could then use to SSH into the device.

Either plug the cable into your normal router that manages DHCP and then check which IP address it has been assigned or indeed run a DHCP server on a laptop or whatever and connect to that.

Quite what files you'd then need to manipulate I don't know I'm afraid as Tinypilot is unknown to me.

If I'm misunderstanding the set up you have then please accept my apologies.

Thanks! I just reinstalled the whole operating system.